I cleaned my grill after 2.5 years.
I followed the YouTube video on cleaning your grill
- Clean the outside with soapy water and let it dry
- Clean the removable elements with grill cleaner and dry
- Clean the grime from the insides with grill cleaner and let it dry
It took me 45 minutes and the motivation was to have a clean grill for the family event the next day.
I also got a spare gas cylinder incase the gas ran out.
The grilling experience was amazing. There was no old fat burning from inside. There was no old grime smoking and changing the flavors.
Think about our Scrum teams for a moment
- How often do we clean our team technical infrastructure?
- How often are we just patching up technical debt with excuses?
- How often do these old legacy fittings in our technical infrastructure leave a bad smell in our projects?
A “Grillmeister” friend of mine recommends these 3 kinds of Grill cleans:
- Simple clean after every grill
- Clean after 10 grills or 3 months (whichever comes earlier)
- Deep clean before Summer
A “Scrum Master” friend of mine recommends these 3 kinds of Sprint cleans:
- Retrospective after every Sprint
- Retrospective after 10 Retrospectives or 6 months (whichever comes earlier) for OKR progress and Portfolio management
- Yearly Retrospective for OKR setting and Portfolio shakeup
Do you keep a Clean Grill and a Clean Sprint?